Friends of Hilltown (FOH) provides financial support to fund projects whose costs cannot be met through the school’s annual operating budget. Some of the projects FOH have recently made possible include:
- Sponsoring a noted choreographer to work with the students at four grade levels to incorporate complicated mathematical concepts into body movements
- Providing funding for 7th & 8th graders to enjoy an authentically prepared Indigenous meal at the Metsam cafe at the National Museum of the American Indian during their trip to Washington, DC
- Facilitating the purchase of a computer robotics program for the technology studies curriculum stimulating problem solving techniques.
- Granted funding towards the purchase of musical instruments that were similar to those available to American indigenous peoples in the Northeast. Using these simple instruments, students composed pieces of music that accompanied stories based on the Abenaki cultural traditions.
Each year, we focus our efforts on projects that foster creativity, encourage a sense of community, and integrate music and art into the curriculum. In doing so, we support Hilltown Cooperative Charter School’s mission to foster enthusiastic learners. Please join us in sustaining our vision by making a donation to support our school.
- Your $250 tax deductible gift will support a wonderful arts integrated project like the amazing clocks made by the 4th & 5th grades during their study of time.
- $100 will provide funding for bus transportation for a class field trip
- $50 covers the cost of 3 brand new pogo sticks for the playground.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org Checks should be made payable to Friends of Hilltown and mailed to us at PO Box 30, Easthampton, MA 01027 or click the PayPal button (“donate”), to use your credit card.