- What is your role in the school?
- Prisms Language Arts Teacher (grade 7/8)
- How long have you been here?
- Since 2011
- Where did you grow up?
- I was born in Boston, lived there until I was 10, then moved to Amherst and lived there until I was 17.
- Where did you go to college/grad school and what is your degree(s)?
- I went to Friends World College, which was started in the 1960s by people thinking that in order to have a good education, people should learn by doing, and live in different cultures. A graduation requirement was to live in at least two cultures other than your own. I lived in Kenya, Scotland and China. In each place I studied the arts and education. In Kenya I worked with a soapstone carver, in Scotland I was a houseparent and English teacher at a boarding school based on the Freeschool movement, and in China I taught English and studied calligraphy.
I got my Masters at UMass Amherst in Multicultural Education.
◀ Back to all Hilltown staff